San Roque´s Bull Ring is one of the oldest in
the province of Cádiz and one of the only ones
without "callejón" - an alleyway and
barrier behind which the matador takes refuge.
The Governor's Palace is the headquarters of Luis Ortega
Brú Foundation. This building houses the original
Standard of Gibraltar from 1502, the Carteya Archaeological
Museum and the Luis Ortega Brú Religious Image
and Sculpture Museum, as well as permanent paintings
exhibitions by Daniel Castilla Zurita and José
The Main Museums and Paintings Halls of San Roque are:
· Carteya Archaeological Museum.
· Luis Ortega Brú Sculpture Museum.
· City of San Roque Bullfighting Museum.
· Juan Luis Galiardo Theatre.
· Luis Ortega Brú Municipal Art Gallery.
· Daniel Castilla Zurita Painting may.
· José Cruz Herrera Painting may.